Your Project - Mock-up and Progress Report Presentation

Overcooked Idea:
    For this project, what I have achieved so far is get permission from the Gaming House to use their lobby if I do this installation. I also have gotten some Gaming club members to participate + help set up. This house is also very participatory in general, so I more than likely will have the interaction with my installation in a way I'd like. I've also started the training for the 3D printmaker in the library and found some Overcooked character things to print out. I'm also going to acquire boxes this Friday, so if I go the Overcooked route, I can draw and cut out the logo for it and hang it over the TV. If there's space, I can make one of those cut out picture stands (I don't remember the actual name for it). There will also be a menu of the foods that you see in the game. If I'm allowed to move the shelf on the right, I'll make it a standing menu. Since the game is easily accessible, I'm going to have it on for the installation (to show the game and to have people play). IF I have the time/materials, I might add some blue curtains.


Alt Idea:
    For this project, I also plan on using cardboard but as something to walk on instead of making something significant out of it. I plan on doing this in Draheim since it's easy access for me and hardly anyone is ever preoccupying the public spaces. I'd print out some posters of some punk/alt/rock/etc bands and have them lying around or hung up. For the background, I'd have white paper hanging up with an alt design plus some empty space to have people "tag" anything they want on it. There's a speaker I'm holding onto so I can have that as a seat or some background object. I also have a Korn and Evanescence make up pallets I'd have someone hold for a picture. I can also include my signed I Prevail poster and my My Chemical Romance gift bag in the background as well. When photographing this installation, I'd want to try to have the pictures come out in an early 2000s style photograph.
    The one hardship for this project, though, is getting the participants to correctly engage in this. I mentioned previously that there's no noticeable emo/punk/alt/etc rep here on campus and I mean it - no one outwardly expresses it in their appearance. (I can't complain too much; I don't think I express it in my attire either). I've only gotten one person (thankfully blessed to have them on this project if I go this route) who accurately fits into this category. My other participants, on the other hand,who've already agreed to help, are not emo/punk/alt/etc, meaning that they might not have the appropriate attire for this. I wouldn't know how to help them with this since I barely have anything too. 






Live Laugh Love being broke :,)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Your Project Proposal Blog Post & Presentation

Exercise No. 2 - Ten Spaces

*Draft* Final Project - Self-Designed New Media Work