Your Project Proposal Blog Post & Presentation

 I have a couple of ideas for potential art installations.



1.     An installation based on the game Overcooked. It's a cooking game where you need to put out as many orders as possible; it has various foods to cook, many levels to play through, and is somewhat story -based. For this, I'd want to 3-D print some Overcooked characters and have them scattered throughout the place. I could use cardboard to recreate the Overcooked sign and/or cut out some background objects that are in the game. I would also set up the game in the background. What I would want to be the center of attention is food. I would want to make some food that would also be made in the game as well. I want to make this an interactive installation where people can play the game and eat food too. This installation would be set up in the Gaming House lobby. My only issue, however, would be the expenses for the ingredients. 



2.     An installation of my room. Above is a drawn-out layout of my side of the room where I would want to set up my installation. The highlighted portion is under the bed, so kind of like a secluded spot. I feel like it'd be easier to set something up there given that I would have the freedom to do anything in there. However, I don't really have an idea of what exactly I'd want to set up. I'm thinking of hanging up my past artworks and pictures I've taken to make that an installation, but I don't want it to be mistaken as just casual room decor either. Another idea would be to use my materialistic items (plushies, makeup, comic books, etc), but same issue as the other idea.



3.     An emo installation. I'm not sure how I would execute that, but I don't see a lot of emo rep at this school. If anything, I would see if I could get a group of people to dress in an alternative fashion and display alt stuff around the area. I also wouldn't know where to have this installation, especially since there's not a lot of darkened areas on campus; luckily though there are a lot of dull areas, so I could draw out the background and put it up somewhere. I feel like this would be the easiest one to go through imo.

Comments

  1. I'm curious about your emo installation idea. To start, I think it would be good to define what you mean by "emo". I feel like there are a lot of cultural misconceptions and stereotypes of this, and if you want to expand representation it would be good to clarify your intentions of why this subculture is important, what are its components and significance. I think there's a lot of potential here for the types of space you do it in too, there are some interesting almost cave like spaces that I think would work really well like in basements and under stairwells, but again I think it'd be helpful to clarify your intention and definition before you choose. Excited to see where you take it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Exercise No. 2 - Ten Spaces

*Draft* Final Project - Self-Designed New Media Work